Thursday, January 28, 2010

The "Author Photo" - Emma

Now with school beginning again, I've started my internship with an assignment due tomorrow already. As promissed, I will be posting more school artwork here this semester, which will mainly be photography (and sadly no model drawing. Maybe next year!)

After being thrown under the bus and stressing about every finicky rule and running around to find printers, I discovered I was still made to be an artist who apparently forgets and still breaks rules. I wouldn't break them if they weren't given to me, but this assignment came with strict orders, one of which I couldn't follow. Though I do break on purpose, this time I forgot that eye contact was the most important rule, and that my internship overseer/boss I guess you could say "hates smiles". Well, at least for this "author photo" assignment. And normally I don't use them either, but I was lucky enough to get my roommate from last year comfortable behind the camera for a few (very cold) moments here and there yesterday afternoon.

Though we're taught to be purists, I've edited these to my liking to post here. The printed versions are un-edited, as my boss will see tomorrow, but here is me cropping and contrasting to my liking, though I haven't edited much. I've picked a few favorites to show you, unlike the three I will be showing tomorrow, but here they are.





No comments:

Post a Comment