Thursday, March 11, 2010

T-shirts and Four Long Yards of Fabric

Recently in textiles, we've been working on a large project of dying and screen printing four yards of fabric. At the end of the semester, we will be taking it and making some article of clothing out of it. I decided I wanted to keep it simple, so I did this pattern. Taken from my Native American pattern research, I enjoyed the cloud and sun motif.



Meanwhile, while Katie was visiting, I took her to the textiles studio and we dyed t-shirts. I had done one green one before, and decided on a dusty rose color this time. I don't have a picture of the green shirt, but I do have the rose shirt, and since I had been lucky with the wrinkles in the green one, I attempted to wrinkle this one a little more so the dye would come out interesting.



Katie dyed two shirts, which came out very well! And were by accident Penn colors. We laughed.




While I was working (or pretending to work) on my large four yards, I completed this abstract monoprint t-shirt, which I really enjoy.

1 comment: