Saturday, February 6, 2010

Failure and Success

With prints review having been Friday, my trees were sadly shot down for having no sunlight, and the other one for having fluffy clouds and shooting into the sun. I've come to the conclusion my judgement is off, and our tastes are very different, which doesn't help. She seems to love the shots I don't like, and hate the shots I love. However, despite my tree and author photo failure, two assignments both us interns must do again, she seemed to love our house portraits. Both me and the other intern Ariel were so surprised we spent all of lunch break talking about it, and we agreed neither of us were very fond of our house shots.

Though we couldn't shoot just any house, it was a specific house she loves on a street near our school, and gives this same assignment out every semester. Though my other two final prints are buried somewhere in my hard drive, here is the one I liked most out of the least I suppose.



Though I am glad there is ONE thing we don't have to re-do, it's a shame this was the easiest assignment yet, despite her words that this was the hardest for others. I could drive by this house forever. But if I have to find someone else to suffer through a model shoot again, or go out and get lost in the cold looking for trees again, I am totally taking her up on the shooting her with a watergun option.

No comments:

Post a Comment