Monday, February 8, 2010

T-Shirts! Part II

After the disastrous pink thing that was supposedly a bird, I fixed up the Native American design shirt for tomorrow's critique. Though the pink may still look awkward, I believe I turned this shirt around. I am rather fond of it now, after spending some time fixing it.



Seeing as I'd wasted hours fooling around with that, visiting friends in the ceramics studio across the hall, and going upstairs to see some other people while I waited in intervals for things to dry, I decided to steal another screen and use it to make something personal. For those of you who know my newer character Boone, you will be vaguely familiar with the nautical tattoos I designed and complied for him, his collarbone amongst my favorites. Deciding to put it on a shirt of my own so I could wear it almost as he does, I successfully created this:



I almost wished I could have kept the screen, but sadly I discovered after using it that someones name was indeed on it, and it wasn't as anonymous as I'd thought. I washed it like I'd never used it and let it sit to dry. I plan on, however, adding more to Boone's shirt than I planned. Though that was going to be it, if I have the time I might ad the "Eternal Father, Strong to Save" hymn on the back - which Boone usually has inscribed on his right arm. For now though, I'm hoping critique will go well, and I can resume making t-shirts very soon [though this week and weekend is looking quite stressful thanks to my internship once more, so we shall see].

No comments:

Post a Comment