Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Weaver

This week our assignment was to photograph someone in their work environment, follow them about, and be invisible. Though my official arrangements of surprise are taking place Monday and elsewhere, I needed something for Friday. With the connections of Ariel, (the other intern and my partner in crime) we dropped in to a weaving studio and store on the edge of town, surprised and pleased to find one of the owners very willing to let us shoot. Going about her business, we snapped away just a day later at the store.

I had lots of photos to go through, a lot blurry due to the poor light (and her hands moving so fast). But in the end, I found two favorites, and an added third I find ok. However, in a place full of colorful yarn, I miss playing in color. I will keep around this one shot in full bloom just for personal use, while the three following are the final prints. I'm crossing my fingers all will go well - and if not, I've got another shoot Monday afternoon.




No comments:

Post a Comment