Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Get a Haircut!

This weekend I decided I couldn't wait any longer for the haircut I've been itching to get since winter break. After Sam had done a wonderful job buzzing Mike's hair, I decided how terrible would it be to have her cut mine when she did such a good job? All I needed was my sides buzzed, with the birth of a sort of mohawk.

First, we had to section off the middle part and put about one million bobby pins in so we could decide which part of my hair wasn't about to get cut.



I looked really fashionable as you can tell. After this it only got worse (or more badass, if you call scissor chopped hair a badass look). She cut my sides so buzzing it would be easier, and it looked choppy for a while. Then we finally started the real deal, much thanks to Kait for letting us use the handicapped bathroom where there was a bench, and a floor easy to clean.




Mike helped hold the hair bag (whenever else in life will we get to use this term?) and buzz the hair close to my ears to have an even trim. Before Sam even had to go on duty, we were golden. My hair was decidedly too thick in front, and we thinned it out somewhat. Though it may be a choppy look, it was awesome by the time 'd finished playing with some hairspray and other things.

Afterwards, I helped Sam bleach her streak, and she helped me bleach streaks in mine so the pink could once again be pronounced (it had grown out so much since summer). I was able to have it all dyed and dried by twelve, and though the shower looked a little murderous, it turned out well!




In the end, it looked fantastic! I was super happy I didn't go to a fancy salon where faces would be made, and I'd get an overpriced haircut for just some buzzed sides. Thanks to Sam for the cut, Mike for the help, and Kait for the space and cleanup! It was super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment